Terms and Conditions
- You certify that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to use this page.
- Your right to use this site and to continue to use this site is conditioned upon your completing the application accurately, including personal and contact information and work and life experience. Any wrong or misleading information you provide in your application, the test, your essay or resume are grounds for disqualification and immediate removal from the program.
- You certify that any and all materials you submit to the Site are your original materials and that no other person has or can claim an ownership interest in them or any part thereof. You authorize Us to verify your ownership of any materials or information you submit.
- You understand that the act of submitting your application does not guarantee your enrollment in any program and that your acceptance into a program is based upon our review of your application, your test results, essay, and other materials submitted.
- If you do not qualify, we will notify you and inform you of what steps you might take. We may revisit denied applications if you provide supplementary application material that would support acceptance to a Graduation Package. As a denied applicant, you may have the opportunity to complete additional tests and essays or provide additional personal information to be submitted for a secondary application review. If you feel that your denied application was due to our error, you may appeal the decision. Our principal will review any and all appeals in a swift and fair manner. You will receive a status update upon completion of the appeal.
- You understand that enrollment in the school or its programs does not guarantee that you will receive a diploma. We will issue a diploma only upon your successful completion of all aspects of the Graduation Package you select.
- If you are a graduate or former student of Paramont High School Online, you should know that We recently acquired the web address and we are using it to identify our school. We did NOT acquire its other assets, including historic student files and records and we did not assume any of it’s debts or liabilities. The entity that has those historic student files and records is Capitol Network for Distance Learning Programs. You may contact them at www.cndlp.org.
- We offer a sixty (60) day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please submit your refund request by email within sixty (60) days after you receive your Graduation Package. Before we issue your refund, you must, at your expense, return every item in your Graduation Package to us by a traceable shipping method. We will provide you with a shipping address promptly after we receive your request. We will issue your refund within approximately 72 hours after we receive everything. The amount of your refund will be the entire amount you paid minus our shipping expenses and a ten percent (10%) processing charge.
- You understand that the programs, courses, diplomas and certificates we offer do not satisfy or lead to the satisfaction of any state or federal high school requirements. The programs, courses diplomas and certificates we offer do not constitute accredited high school courses or replacements for a traditional high school diploma. We do not test you for or issue a “GED”. Our programs, courses, diplomas and certificates do not give you the right to represent yourself as a graduate of a traditional high school program or the holder of an accredited degree. You acknowledge that you are participating in our programs for the sole purpose of self-improvement and personal growth.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that our maximum liability, regardless of the nature of any claim you might assert against us, is for the amount of fees you actually paid and we received during the six months immediately before the date on which you first notified us of your claim. You assume and accept full responsibility for your actions. You understand the possible consequences and liabilities if you choose to misuse a diploma, certificate or other document we issue to you or misrepresent your qualifications, credentials or experience, including to a school, college, university or employer.
- You agree to use our site and its programs only for your own personal use and that you will not copy or attempt to copy or transfer or re-sell, for money, value or for free, any of our content, systems or other intellectual property. Except as to the original tangible documents and things that we send to you, you have only a license to use our site for its intended purpose and you have and shall acquire no legal or ownership interest in the site or any of its contents. As to the tangible documents and things that we send to you, you may use them only consistent with the terms of this agreement.
- The personally identifiable information that we collect.
When you register with our web site and when you make a purchase on our web site, we collect personal information about you. During the registration or credit card process, we ask for specific information, including your name, physical mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, credit card account number, the name on your credit card, the expiration date of your credit card and the billing address on your credit card account. This information becomes your “permanent” identity with us. After you have registered, you are no longer anonymous to us.
Return to top
- What we do with the information we collect.
Our principal reason for collecting your personal information is to provide fulfillment service to you and to provide you with a personalized and efficient experience on our website. This may include personalization services, interactive communications, online shopping and other types of services.
Only certain of our staff have access to your account and personal information and only on a reasonable need-to-know basis. We make reasonable efforts to have each such person subject to a written confidentiality agreement.
If you have been referred to us by an affiliate company, we may be required to share your account information by that specific affiliate.
From time to time you will receive special offers from us by email. We do research based on the information we collect from you and from other sources including our server log files. The purpose of such research is to help us better under our business and to better serve you and our other users. Such research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may share this aggregated data with affiliated companies, advertisers or business partners.
Certain of your personal information (limited to name, address, telephone number, email address and certain preferences) we may regard as “lead data”. We may sell or transfer lead data to affiliated companies or third parties for marketing or other purposes.
Return to top
- Who is collecting the information.
Some promotions that run on our site may be sponsored or co-sponsored with third parties. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. If you do not want your information shared with a third party sponsor or co-sponsor, do not participate in the promotion or contest. Currently, our promotions are limited to residents of the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age.
Return to top
- Who we may disclose the information to.
As a general rule, we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission, or under special circumstances such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. The following describes some of the ways that we may disclose your information:
Affiliated Businesses: We offer some of our services in conjunction with an affiliate company. In some cases, our affiliates may refer you to us or sell products to you from their websites. In other cases, we provide services to or sell products jointly with these affiliates. We may share customer information related to those transactions with the relevant affiliate.
Agents: We sometimes employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include printing postcards, delivering postcards to the United States Postal Service, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These other companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to groups of our customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Email Preferences in your email software. From time to time, you may be given the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you elect to receive information from these third parties, we will share your name and email address with them.
Sponsors: Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. By requesting more information, you give us permission to transfer your personal information to the sponsor so they can fulfill your request. In many instances, only your email address will be shared, but other information may be shared as we reasonably determine.
Third Party Data & Data in the Aggregate: We may disclose aggregated user statistics (for example, "45% of our users are female") to describe our services to prospective affiliates, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. If We, or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Return to top
- Your choices with respect to our collecting using and distributing information about you.
We may occasionally send you email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only our company (or agents working on behalf of us and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings.
Please be advised that you may log into your personal student section and go to your Email Preferences if you want to check or change your decision about receiving occasional email offers or information from us.
On some types of promotions, we will use your email address to update you on your score, entries, and status in prize drawings. When you participate in these types of promotions, you automatically receive promotion-related email, unless you choose the no-email option that some promotions offer. Occasionally these promotion-related email messages might include targeted advertisements.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services that require registration to participate.
Return to top
- How to access, update and delete your personal information.
We do not currently provide the ability to access, update or delete your own personal information. You may eventually be able to do so by logging in using your username and password. If you need to change such information now, please email us through the contact form on our Contact Us page.
Return to top
- The security precautions we take to prevent your personal information from being lost, misused or altered.
Your account information is not currently password-protected. Eventually you may be able to access this personal information. You may then be able to edit certain fields in your account information using your user ID and password. To change your address, purchase postcards with a credit card that has your new billing address and enter the same new address on that page.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. After you have registered and provided a credit card, you are responsible for the use of our service.
Any time we ask for credit card information, we transmit that credit card information in an encrypted format. We use industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. This is described more fully in Section h below.
Return to top
- Credit card information
Any time we ask for or obtain your credit card information we transmit that credit card information in an encrypted format. We use industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our reasonable best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Real time authorization, capture and execution of credit card purchases are performed over the Internet via First Data Independent Sales. In addition to checking for a valid credit card number, the system verifies the billing address to help reduce fraud. We use a current SSL to provide a secure connection with the client. All accounting reports of credit card transactions are managed on a strictly confidential basis.
Return to top
- What “cookies” are and how we use them.
As part of offering and providing customizable and personalized services, we might use "cookies" to store and sometimes track information about you. A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Whenever you log-in, our server requires that your computer accept cookies. Generally, we currently or in the future will use "cookies" to:
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or "Sign In" and is modified when you "Sign Out" of our services.
- Record information that you provide to us while visiting our site.
- Track any affiliate sites that you have visited prior to coming to our site.
- We also collect IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. In addition, our system includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers.